1814 George Stephenson unveils a steam powered locomotive that is called Blucher/ Butcher . The name was in honour of a Prussian field marshal Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher he was in charge of the allies in the Napoleonic Wars, who supported the uk’s Duke of Wellington . Blücher was given a title Fürst von Wahlstatt prince Wahlstatt in 1814 and visited the Uk the same year this train was released. 8 carriages carrying 30 tons of coal and goes around 4mph.
To find one of Stephenson’s Locomotives in London head to the Science Museum for they have the 1829 Rocket Locomotive on display. George and his Son Robert collaborated to build this Locomotive.